Sunday, May 16, 2010

Preakness Parade of Lights

Hi everyone!
Boy, did I have fun on Friday Night.
I got to go down to Baltimore's Inner Harbor and be in a Parade with my Mom, Jess, and my friend 'Abby'.
'Abby is a Therapy Dog too.

Mom said that we were in the Parade to represent Pets on Wheels, and let people meet all of my Therapy Dog friends.

 


          We left work and met everyone at the Mall.











                         I got to ride on a bus for the very first time.
It was really fun!
All of us dogs got our own seat, next to our Mom's and Dad's of course.




'Abby' sat on Mom's lap and I sat with Jess.




 

I kept my eye on Mom all the time to make sure she was safe.





Here are some of my fellow Therapy Dogs.












Of course they were calling for rain, so we were watching the sky the whole ride.
It was a really warm day, so a little rain would feel good.

Boy where there a lot of tall buildings!
This country girl is not used to that.
People were everywhere!
What fun!!

We had to be there early so that everyone could line up and wait for the Parade to start.
It was drizzling when we got to the Harbor.
We had just enough time to cross the street and get settled under some window awnings, when...













Thunder..Lighting..and Rain..Rain..Rain
It was so cool.

Mom was really glad that 'Abby' and I don't mind Thunder.

The storm lasted around 15-20 minutes.





Everyone was under cover, but some of the dogs liked standing out in the rain.






Mom put 'Abby' and I up in the window sill.
Jess held the umbrella to the side so the wind would not blow the rain in on us.

Can you spell S-P-O-I-L-E-D.

That's us.

I don't mind being spoiled.




The storm passed and the sky cleared up just in time to get ready for the start of the Parade.

 
It was time to put on all of our lights for the Parade of Lights.
Everyone had to be lite up.
Dogs and their Mom's and Dad's.

 

Believe me..it is funny when your Mom and Dad look just as silly as you do.

Fun...Fun
Ms. Dawn made all of the Therapy Dogs lighted collars for the Preakness Parade.

HaHaHaHa

Oh sorry.

HaHaHa

I am done.

HaHa

Really...done now.
Just too funny.


There where bands all around us.
They were practicing their music.
Boy, was it LOUD.


Isn't 'Abby' cute?

HaHa

Oops...Sorry.

I just can't stop laughing.

Everybody looked great, and boy, were we getting a lot of attention.

I love attention.

 What girl doesn't?


 
Everyone looks great and ready to go. 

It was time to line up and go.


We walked and walked.

Sometimes we stopped along the way to let kids pet us.

The kids were so excited.

I had so much fun.


There were so many people.

Did I say I had fun?

I can't wait to do that again.

With Love, Hanna

No comments:

Post a Comment